    Subject[Patch 0/4] ipc/mqueue improvements
    While working on the POSIX message queue subsystem a while back I
    noticed some things that could stand to be improved (as it turns
    out, drastically so). So I improved them. The first patch fixes
    the POSIX message queue subsystem to not suck under heavy load and
    high queue depths. The next two are minor touchups/fixes. The
    fourth is in the tools/selftests directory and is the app I used
    to do the performance testing of the mqueue subsystem.

    Considering that the changes I've made here make as much as a
    1000 fold difference in performance, it would be nice to see them
    go into linux-next ;-)

    Special note: these patches require and are built on top of my
    previous patches. Applying these to a tree that does not also
    have the previous series of 7 patches I sent related to the
    mqueue subsystem will result in a broken tree that won't compile.

    Doug Ledford <>

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-05-01 21:21    [W:0.047 / U:12.284 seconds]