    SubjectRe: RFC: deprecating/removing the legacy mode of devpts
    On 04/08/2012 03:18 PM, Alan Cox wrote:
    > Ok I'm putting my tty maintainers hat on at this point because nobody
    > seems to be listening
    > I'm NAKking this change, I'm NAKking the feature-removal change.
    > If you want this to change convince the distributions there is a point in
    > supporting it. This is the *wrong* forum to force a cornercase feature
    > onto a bazillion users, and the wrong way to strongarm maintainers of the
    > relevant user space.
    > If udev has a problem handling it nicely because of the way the link is
    > generated then *fix that problem* so udev automatically gets both cases
    > right. If need be we can add more messages to udev to tell it what is
    > expected and what devtmpfs should produce.

    What if it turns out we can make udev/devtmpfs make this happen
    transparently (which it sounds like it might be possible)? Would you be
    okay with removing the "implicit bind mount" property of the current
    devpts then?

      Last update: 2012-04-09 00:29    [W:0.030 / U:6.260 seconds]