    SubjectRe: [patch] cgroups: disallow attaching kthreadd
    On Thu, 5 Apr 2012, Mike Galbraith wrote:

    > > The last time we went through this, it was left after Andrew had fixed it
    > > up when the cpusets version was merged in -mm without any disagreement
    > > from Peter who was cc'd and that version was acked both by myself and Paul
    > > Menage at https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/12/14/402. Andrew dropped it and
    > > asked for a repost since there was some on-going scheduler work going on
    > > in linux-next that caused that version not to apply. No follow-up was
    > > ever offered.
    >
    > Hm, I thought I did that.

    There's no reply from you to Andrew's email unless it was private.

    > > Why have we now gone in a completely different direction again?
    >
    > I already said that after Peter griped and suggested global, I thought
    > about it, and liked that better.

    I think you're taking Peter's questions as a nack. He asked a question, I
    answered it. He didn't participate in the thread after October 20.
    Andrew's email to you asking for a new version is December 14 with these
    lines:

    Acked-by: David Rientjes <rientjes@google.com>
    Acked-by: Paul Menage <paul@paulmenage.org>
    Cc: Tejun Heo <htejun@gmail.com>
    Cc: Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>

    He's been cc'd the whole time. Looking through the lengthy emails, he
    never actually nack'd _any_ version of this patch. He asked why not do it
    for all cgroups. That's it.

    If cpusets is a cgroup, why would he nack a patch that does it for cpusets
    that addresses a cpusets problem if he was asking to do it for _all_
    cgroups including cpusets?

    > The submitted patchlet can either fly
    > or die. It's not a big deal.

    I'm hoping you will take this bug more seriously.

      Last update: 2012-04-05 08:51    [W:0.033 / U:2.508 seconds]