    SubjectRe: [patch] cgroups: disallow attaching kthreadd
    On Thu, 5 Apr 2012, Mike Galbraith wrote:

    > > The last time we went through this, it was left after Andrew had fixed it
    > > up when the cpusets version was merged in -mm without any disagreement
    > > from Peter who was cc'd and that version was acked both by myself and Paul
    > > Menage at Andrew dropped it and
    > > asked for a repost since there was some on-going scheduler work going on
    > > in linux-next that caused that version not to apply. No follow-up was
    > > ever offered.
    > Hm, I thought I did that.

    There's no reply from you to Andrew's email unless it was private.

    > > Why have we now gone in a completely different direction again?
    > I already said that after Peter griped and suggested global, I thought
    > about it, and liked that better.

    I think you're taking Peter's questions as a nack. He asked a question, I
    answered it. He didn't participate in the thread after October 20.
    Andrew's email to you asking for a new version is December 14 with these

    Acked-by: David Rientjes <>
    Acked-by: Paul Menage <>
    Cc: Tejun Heo <>
    Cc: Peter Zijlstra <>

    He's been cc'd the whole time. Looking through the lengthy emails, he
    never actually nack'd _any_ version of this patch. He asked why not do it
    for all cgroups. That's it.

    If cpusets is a cgroup, why would he nack a patch that does it for cpusets
    that addresses a cpusets problem if he was asking to do it for _all_
    cgroups including cpusets?

    > The submitted patchlet can either fly
    > or die. It's not a big deal.

    I'm hoping you will take this bug more seriously.

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-04-05 08:51    [W:0.044 / U:8.540 seconds]