    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] libsas fixes for 3.4-rc4
    On 04/21/2012 03:57 PM, Dan Williams wrote:
    > On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 5:28 AM, James Bottomley
    > <James.Bottomley@hansenpartnership.com> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 15:29 -0700, Dan Williams wrote:
    >>> These patches, save for the new "scsi: fix eh wakeup (scsi_schedule_eh
    >>> vs scsi_restart_operations)" and "Revert "[SCSI] libsas: fix sas port
    >>> naming", were all originally posted before the merge
    >>> window opened, and have also appeared in -next for the same timeframe.
    >>>
    >>> The commit dates are not that aged (9 days old) because they were
    >>> rebased out of larger set of updates that were pending for 3.4.
    >>>
    >>> There is a mix of pure regression fixes and fixes for long-standing bugs
    >>> in libsas. Some of the long-standing bug fixes are made worse / easier
    >>> to trigger by the new async error handling scheme.
    >>>
    >>> The largest patch in the series is "libata, libsas: introduce sched_eh
    >>> and end_eh port ops" it has been on the list since March 10th.
    >>>
    >>> Jack Wang has independently tested this set with pm8001 and reports
    >>> success. [1]
    >>>
    >>> Apologies if scsi-rc-fixes was in the process of picking these up. With
    >>> -rc4 looming I lost my nerve and pulled the trigger.
    >>
    >> Right, so as a point of process, these are SCSI fixes and are supposed
    >> to be going through the SCSI tree. The only urgent one is the revert; I
    >> still have outstanding questions about some of the others.
    >
    > Up until this feedback I thought the branch was going to be pulled
    > intact. So, not trying to subvert process, just thought this request
    > would be seen as helpful since you seem to have been rather busy of
    > late. Yes, I'd much rather these go through the SCSI tree.

    [thread semi-hijacking]

    Busy-ness++ :/ I'm a bit disappointed that these one-liner bug fixes
    for SCSI have not been applied, despite repeated pings:

    http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-scsi/msg58712.html

    Over a month has passed with zero comments (or objections), and we've
    now missed -rc4.

    Unless I hear soon, I'll throw them into libata-dev (thus, linux-next)
    and kick them upstairs.

    James has been replying to other stuff on the lists, so I'm not really
    sure how these basic, one-liner fixes keep slipping by.

    Jeff

      Last update: 2012-04-22 01:43    [W:0.026 / U:0.336 seconds]