    SubjectMultitouch regression in 3.3 on thinkpad X220 clickpad
    Hi folks !

    So Peter and I have been discussing a problem I observed on my brand new
    ThinkPad X220 and it's multitouch "clickpad". I've been digging a bit
    more today and bisected the regression to:

    commit 7968a5dd492ccc38345013e534ad4c8d6eb60ed1
    Input: synaptics - add support for Relative mode

    Without that commit, I can draw two "traces" when using two fingers in
    mtview (after removing the device from X), each follow one finger.

    With that commit applied, this doesn't work anymore: it appears to be
    unable to track more than one finger. IE. If i put a finger on the
    touchpad, I can draw, but a second finger is then ignored (or causes one
    or two spots in a random place to appear but that's about it).

    Now other multitouch operations such as two finger scrolling seem to
    work in X. I'm not familiar with the inner workings of the input layer
    or the synaptic touchpads. I'll dig a bit more this week-end if I have
    time, but it would save me plenty of that precious time if you guys
    could hint me at things to look at :-)

    I have a couple more bits of interesting info.

    If I boot with a "bad" driver. rmmod it. insmod a "good" one (one build
    from the same kernel tree set to the commit right before the one above)
    then things work fine. The interesting bit is that if I then rmmod it
    and insmod the "bad" one again ... it still works. So it looks like it
    might have something to do with how the touchpad is initialized.

    Some more info about the touchpad itself from dmesg:

    psmouse serio1: synaptics: Touchpad model: 1, fw: 8.0, id: 0x1e2b1, caps: 0xd001a3/0x940300/0x120c00
    psmouse serio1: synaptics: serio: Synaptics pass-through port at isa0060/serio1/input0
    input: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad as /devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input13

    Let me know if there's any other info of value I can collect.

    Cheers,
    Ben.

      Last update: 2012-04-20 09:23    [W:0.034 / U:31.480 seconds]