SubjectRe: load balancing regression since commit 367456c7
On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 16:00 +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:

> Ok, so I can't reproduce this on my WSM-EP.. even !PREEMPT kernels are
> consistent with hackbench times with or without that patch.
>
> Can you still send your full .config? Also, do you have cpu-cgroup muck
> enabled and are you using that systemd shite?
>
> What does the below patch (on top of the previous) do?

There is a slight 10% to 15% improvement with the patch. However,
the change in performance difficult to quantify precisely as the
hackbench runtime has large variations (up to 50%) on our Sandy Bridge EP
server machines since commit 367456c7.

We also do not see regression for hackbench on WSM-EP, but only
on machines with Sandy-Bridge EP (2 socket, 8 cores/socket, HT enabled).
We are not running hackbench in cgroup for this test.

The Sandy Bridge EP machines installed has FC16, so I think it uses
systemd. The machine on our WSM EP has FC15, which also has systemd.

I'm sending you the .config in a separate mail. Thanks for taking a look.
The .config aligns closely with standard Fedora settings.

Tim

  Last update: 2012-04-20 18:43    [W:0.690 / U:0.136 seconds]