    SubjectRe: CONFIG_RTLWIFI_DEBUG default y
    On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 12:45:09PM -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
    > The current situation is fine with me. Any user with an embedded
    > system can save a lot of memory by setting CONFIG_RTLWIFI_DEBUG to
    > n. If a normal distro chooses to do that, then when some user of
    > that distro reports a problem and is unable to run with the module
    > parameter "debug=X", I get to say "Sorry, I cannot help you." :)
    > Of course, if you want to go through the source and convert every
    > instance of "RT_TRACE(rtlpriv, COMP_ERR, DBG_EMERG, ...)" to the
    > equivalent "pr_err(...), then I would probably sign off on it.

    I see. Well, I suppose when the driver matures, you're probably going
    to remove most of the debugging code yourself because you won't need it
    anymore and turn important printk statements into pr_err or pr_info or

    However, the way it is default y now, people who do 'yes "" | make
    oldconfig' will be surprised to see a whole lot of debugging output
    spewed from the wireless driver upon next reboot, and I don't think you
    want that.

    I dunno, maybe CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG could be of help. There's also a
    howto: <Documentation/dynamic-debug-howto.txt>

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-04-02 22:35    [W:0.020 / U:8.112 seconds]