SubjectRe: [RFD] Merge task counter into memcg

>> In short, I don't think it's better to have task-counting and fd-counting in memcg.
>> It's kmem, but it's more than that, I think.
>> Please provide subsys like ulimit.
>
> So, you think that while kmem would be enough to prevent fork-bombs,
> it would still make sense to limit in more traditional ways
> (ie. ulimit style object limits). Hmmm....

I personally think this is namespaces business, not cgroups.
If you have a process namespace, an interface that works to limit the
number of processes should keep working given the constraints you are
given.

What doesn't make sense, is to create a *new* interface to limit
something that doesn't really need to be limited, just because you
limited a similar resource before.

  Last update: 2012-04-17 18:57    [W:0.135 / U:0.420 seconds]