    SubjectRe: [RFD] Merge task counter into memcg

    >> In short, I don't think it's better to have task-counting and fd-counting in memcg.
    >> It's kmem, but it's more than that, I think.
    >> Please provide subsys like ulimit.
    > So, you think that while kmem would be enough to prevent fork-bombs,
    > it would still make sense to limit in more traditional ways
    > (ie. ulimit style object limits). Hmmm....

    I personally think this is namespaces business, not cgroups.
    If you have a process namespace, an interface that works to limit the
    number of processes should keep working given the constraints you are

    What doesn't make sense, is to create a *new* interface to limit
    something that doesn't really need to be limited, just because you
    limited a similar resource before.

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-04-17 18:57    [W:0.022 / U:2.064 seconds]