    SubjectRe: via-rhine: Problem with lost link after a while
    Svenning Sørensen <sss@secomea.com> :
    [...]
    > Regarding the "Tx descriptor busy" test: no, I didn't see it
    > trigger, I just put it there just in case because I suspected there
    > could be a race due to the lock-free tx path.
    > But I'm glad if you're confident that it can't happen :)

    Almost :o)

    Without the patch it may happen in mainline. Once the napi Tx completion
    function checks if queueing is stopped before enabling it, it should not
    happen though. The patch should fix the race where queuing is not enabled
    as well.

    That being said, I would welcome a pony^W^W some testing on a multi-core
    system with lots of Tx and enough irq from a different (non via-rhine)
    source to starve the softirq processing.

    --
    Ueimor