    SubjectRe: [RFC] c/r: prctl: Add ability to set new mm_struct::exe_file v3
    On 03/08, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:

    > On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 07:26:23PM +0100, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
    > > I think that you should do
    > >
    > > down_write(&mm->mmap_sem);
    > > if (mm->num_exe_file_vmas) {
    > > fput(mm->exe_file);
    > > mm->exe_file = exe_file;
    > > exe_file = NULL;
    > > }
    > > up_write(&mm->mmap_sem);
    > >
    > > to keep the current "mm->exe_file goes away after the final
    > > unmap(MAP_EXECUTABLE)" logic.
    > >
    > > OK, may be this doesn't work in c/r case because you are actually
    > > going to remove the old mappings? But in this case the new exe_file
    > > will go away anyway, afaics PR_SET_MM_EXE_FILE is called when you
    > > still have the old mappings.
    >
    > Yes, exactly, I need to remove old mappings first (because VMAs
    > we're about to restore may intersect with current map the host
    > program has). And yes, once they all are removed I don't have
    > /proc/pid/exe anymore. That's why I need num_exe_file_vmas == 0
    > case.

    OK, in this case PR_SET_MM_EXE_FILE should probably fail if
    mm->num_exe_file_vmas != 0 ? This way it would be more or less
    consistent or at least understandable. Just we add the new
    special case: num_exe_file_vmas == 0 but exe_file != NULL
    because c/r people are crazy.

    > > And I don't think the unconditional
    > >
    > > down_write(&mm->mmap_sem);
    > > set_mm_exe_file(mm, exe_file);
    > > up_write(&mm->mmap_sem);
    > >
    > > is 100% right, this clears ->num_exe_file_vmas. This means that
    > > (if you still have the old mapping) the new exe_file can go away
    > > after added_exe_file_vma() + removed_exe_file_vma(). Normally this
    > > should happen, but afaics this is possible. Note that even, say,
    > > mprotect() can trigger added_exe_file_vma().
    > >

    > Wait, Oleg, I'm confused, in case if there *is* exitsting VM_EXECUTABLEs
    > then we jump into first banch and simply replace old exe_file.

    Yes. And then later you remove the old mapping (which do not match
    the new file anyway) and the new exe_file goes away. Unlikely you
    want this.

    Oleg.

      Last update: 2012-03-08 20:15    [W:0.023 / U:0.100 seconds]