    SubjectRe: [tip:x86/debug] x86/kdump: No need to disable ioapic/ lapic in crash path
    2012/3/7 Vivek Goyal <>:
    > On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 07:53:16PM +0900, Fernando Luis Vázquez Cao wrote:

    >> >That is a particularly good example.  When I took a quick look earlier
    >> >that is the first place we reload the idt in the kernel boot so that is
    >> >one of two places that needs to be modified.
    >> Hi Eric, Don
    >> Sorry for chiming in so late.
    >> We run into the same NMI problems and wrote some patches that tackle
    >> the kernel boot side of things. They have been extensively tested using
    >> qemu-kvm and things seem to be working as expected (after receiving an
    >> early NMI the kernel continues without problem; after the iret there is no
    >> stack corruption or register corruption).
    > What happens if NMI happens while we are still in purgatory code?
    yes, you are right. that is too late to set that in arch/x86/kernel/head64.c

    i even not get print out "early console in decompress_kernel"
    from arch/x86/boot/compressed/misc.c::decompress_kernel()

      Last update: 2012-03-07 19:29    [W:0.024 / U:55.464 seconds]