    SubjectRe: [ 57/72] genirq: Unmask oneshot irqs when thread was not woken
    Date
    Hi

    On Tuesday 06 March 2012, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
    > On Tue, 6 Mar 2012, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

    > > > Give me a day or two to figure out why it breaks stuff. I have no idea
    > > > why it should wreckage anything.
    > >
    > > Hmm. This is interesting. The b43 driver has a primary handler which
    > > can return IRQ_NONE. So up to that change the interrupt line was kept
    > > disabled when that happened. Possibly the driver relies on that
    > > behaviour. Digging for a machine with a b43.
    >
    > Does not reproduce. Now I was looking at the driver again, it does not
    > use IRQ_ONESHOT anyway.
    >
    > So for handle_fasteoi_irq() this patch is actually a NOOP. So the only
    > affected handler would be handle_level_irq(). Still can't see how it
    > changes the !IRQ_ONESHOT behaviour :(
    >
    > Stephan, Sven: Can you please provide the output of /proc/interrupts ?

    Full /proc/interrupts and gzipped dmesg attached for kernel 3.2.9 +
    current stable queue-3.2, no difference in the interrupt output between
    working and broken state. Both outputs taken immediately after a cold
    reboot.

    *.broken is with "genirq: Unmask oneshot irqs when thread was not
    woken" applied, resulting in empty wlan scan results, no auth).

    *.working with only this patch reverted (3 wlan cells visible,
    immediate auth.

    Regards
    Stefan Lippers-Hollmann
    [unhandled content-type:application/x-gzip][unhandled content-type:application/x-gzip] CPU0
    0: 16875 XT-PIC-XT-PIC timer
    1: 94 XT-PIC-XT-PIC i8042
    2: 0 XT-PIC-XT-PIC cascade
    3: 2 XT-PIC-XT-PIC
    4: 2 XT-PIC-XT-PIC
    5: 3 XT-PIC-XT-PIC firewire_ohci, snd_via82xx
    6: 2 XT-PIC-XT-PIC floppy
    7: 1 XT-PIC-XT-PIC parport0
    8: 0 XT-PIC-XT-PIC rtc0
    9: 0 XT-PIC-XT-PIC acpi
    10: 3 XT-PIC-XT-PIC yenta, b43
    11: 2 XT-PIC-XT-PIC uhci_hcd:usb1, yenta
    12: 107 XT-PIC-XT-PIC i8042
    14: 6431 XT-PIC-XT-PIC pata_via
    15: 80 XT-PIC-XT-PIC pata_via
    NMI: 0 Non-maskable interrupts
    LOC: 0 Local timer interrupts
    SPU: 0 Spurious interrupts
    PMI: 0 Performance monitoring interrupts
    IWI: 0 IRQ work interrupts
    RES: 0 Rescheduling interrupts
    CAL: 0 Function call interrupts
    TLB: 0 TLB shootdowns
    TRM: 0 Thermal event interrupts
    THR: 0 Threshold APIC interrupts
    MCE: 0 Machine check exceptions
    MCP: 1 Machine check polls
    ERR: 0
    MIS: 0
    CPU0
    0: 17967 XT-PIC-XT-PIC timer
    1: 196 XT-PIC-XT-PIC i8042
    2: 0 XT-PIC-XT-PIC cascade
    3: 2 XT-PIC-XT-PIC
    4: 2 XT-PIC-XT-PIC
    5: 3 XT-PIC-XT-PIC firewire_ohci, snd_via82xx
    6: 2 XT-PIC-XT-PIC floppy
    7: 1 XT-PIC-XT-PIC parport0
    8: 0 XT-PIC-XT-PIC rtc0
    9: 0 XT-PIC-XT-PIC acpi
    10: 527 XT-PIC-XT-PIC yenta, b43
    11: 2 XT-PIC-XT-PIC uhci_hcd:usb1, yenta
    12: 107 XT-PIC-XT-PIC i8042
    14: 6491 XT-PIC-XT-PIC pata_via
    15: 80 XT-PIC-XT-PIC pata_via
    NMI: 0 Non-maskable interrupts
    LOC: 0 Local timer interrupts
    SPU: 0 Spurious interrupts
    PMI: 0 Performance monitoring interrupts
    IWI: 0 IRQ work interrupts
    RES: 0 Rescheduling interrupts
    CAL: 0 Function call interrupts
    TLB: 0 TLB shootdowns
    TRM: 0 Thermal event interrupts
    THR: 0 Threshold APIC interrupts
    MCE: 0 Machine check exceptions
    MCP: 1 Machine check polls
    ERR: 0
    MIS: 0

      Last update: 2012-03-06 21:27    [W:0.034 / U:68.108 seconds]