    SubjectUsing nested locking for spin_lock_bh
    Date
    Hi,

    I started to run some experimental batman-adv code inside some virtual
    machines with different debugging functions enabled. One of them was lockdep.
    There we noticed a false positive for a lock class that is actually used in
    two different data structures. Therefore, lockdep noticed that there could be
    a deadlock for this class in a function that locks the two different data
    structures.

    To resolve this problem, I wanted to define two different subclasses and
    replace the spin_lock_bh with its nested version. The only problem now is the
    absence of spin_lock_bh_nested. I could only find spin_lock_bh and
    spin_lock_irqsave_nested.

    Is there another way how this should be done or is there a general problem why
    there is no nested support for this incarnation of spin_lock?

    Kind regards,
    Sven[unhandled content-type:application/pgp-signature]

      Last update: 2012-03-28 18:47    [W:0.019 / U:0.704 seconds]