SubjectRe: Regulator supplies when using Device Tree
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 06:38:30PM -0700, Michael Bohan wrote:
> On 3/26/2012 6:00 AM, Mark Brown wrote:

> >Supplies are *always* specified using the name from the part data sheet,
> >anything to do with regulator-regulator supplies is a Linux
> >implementation detail.

> So before filling out the supply_name when calling
> regulator_register(), does that mean we should expect regulator
> drivers that optionally support supplies to always check with
> of_get_property()? And which name should we check? It sounds like

I have no idea what this means, sorry.

> the answer is that we should invent another binding to portray the
> name of the supply the driver should be checking against. But then
> it would seem silly to have two bindings that pertain to supply
> names.

Absolutely not, that would be broken. The whole point here is that
supplies of all kinds are always requested with the name the chip uses
for the supply.

  Last update: 2012-03-28 12:13    [W:0.073 / U:0.236 seconds]