    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] KVM updates for the 3.4 merge window
    On 03/26/2012 11:38 PM, Paul Mackerras wrote:
    > On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 12:09:05PM +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:
    >
    > > I can switch to fast-forward-only in the future, but I'm afraid that
    > > this particular tree is broken for good. The un-rebased
    > > fast-forward-only source for this is kvm.git master, which I don't think
    > > you want to pull. It will cause every kvm commit to appear twice and
    > > confuse everyone.
    >
    > There are patches from me in there that have been pending since
    > December last year, and now look like they won't be going upstream
    > until June. So, under the circumstances, how would you (Avi) feel
    > about Ben and I committing the KVM patches that only affect powerpc to
    > Ben's tree and sending them to Linus that way before the merge window
    > closes?

    That's fine if there are no interdependencies. It looks like 74df956
    will be a problem though.

    The other two options are:

    - I'll add my signoff to the commits that lack it. This unbreaks the
    committer lacks signoff.
    - I remove Alex's commits, Alex sends me a pull request based on that
    tree, I pull it in. Alex being away for three weeks is a minor flaw in
    this plan.
    - As above, but with you sending me that tree as temporary kvm-ppc
    maintainer.

    Options 2/3 are harder as there are a few interdependencies.

    Linus, if the first option is acceptable, a tree is available at the
    same place:

    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm.git kvm-updates/3.4

    otherwise, please provide guidance.

      Last update: 2012-03-27 12:13    [W:0.024 / U:0.420 seconds]