    SubjectRe: linux-next: build failure after merge of the battery tree
    Hi Anton,

    On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 20:11:32 +0400 Anton Vorontsov <> wrote:
    > I pulled my current battery tree into next-20120326, and I can't reproduce
    > the issue (using allmodconfig on x86_64).

    I have moved the battery tree to after the mfd tree in my merge sequence
    so we will see if that helps. I really hate having ordering dependencies
    in linux-next (since they change over time and people have to remember to
    tell me and to send stuff to Linus in the right order). Also, it means
    that you are not testing exactly what you are sending to me - I assume
    that your testing must be including the mfd tree somehow.

    These sort of things should be fixed by having the common code in a
    separate (stable) branch that is merged into both trees. Or in some
    cases by merely cherry-picking a very small number of commits from one
    tree to the other.
    Stephen Rothwell
      Last update: 2012-03-26 23:47    [W:0.019 / U:10.360 seconds]