    SubjectRe: On patch "device.h: audit and cleanup users in main include dir"
    On Mar 24 Paul Gortmaker wrote:
    > [On patch "device.h: audit and cleanup users in main include dir"] On 24/03/2012 (Sat 21:21) Stefan Richter wrote:
    [...]
    > > struct fw_device and struct fw_unit, defined in include/firewire.h,
    > > incorporate struct device.
    >
    > Hi Stefan,
    >
    > You are correct. I did read them all and check instances of device, so
    > I'm not sure how I misread this file. Did you have a specific build
    > that triggered a failure, or you just happened to spot it? I'm guessing
    > that it gets device.h by another path and hence won't show up in build
    > coverage.

    I just saw the commit coming in; there is no build failure. (I should have
    test-built before posting.) All files which include linux/firewire.h
    evidently include linux/device.h before it.

    > If so I'll definitely get it fixed, but I might wait a day or two to see
    > if anything else pops up, if it isn't explicitly causing any breakage.

    If you don't receive any issues with the rest of your tree-wide commit,
    just do nothing and I will add a trivial firewire.h correction myself for
    the next merge window.

    > > Furthermore, the inline function definitions
    > > fw_device,
    > > fw_unit,
    > > fw_unit_get,
    > > fw_unit_put,
    > > fw_parent_device
    > > all require definitions from linux/device.h.

    Correcting myself: Only the the latter three of these use linux/device.h.
    --
    Stefan Richter

      Last update: 2012-03-25 12:41    [W:0.020 / U:1.192 seconds]