    SubjectRe: [RFC] AutoNUMA alpha6
    Date
    AA> Could you try my two trivial benchmarks I sent on lkml too?

    I just got around to running your numa01 test on mainline, autonuma, and
    numasched. This is on a 2-socket, 6-cores-per-socket,
    2-threads-per-core machine, with your test configured to run 24
    threads. I also ran Peter's modified stream_d on all three as well, with
    24 instances in parallel. I know it's already been pointed out that it's
    not the ideal or end-all benchmark, but I figured it was still
    worthwhile to see if the trend continued.

    On your numa01 test:

    Autonuma is 22% faster than mainline
    Numasched is 42% faster than mainline

    On Peter's modified stream_d test:

    Autonuma is 35% *slower* than mainline
    Numasched is 55% faster than mainline

    I know that the "real" performance guys here are going to be posting
    some numbers from more interesting benchmarks soon, but since nobody
    had answered Andrea's question, I figured I'd do it.

    --
    Dan Smith
    IBM Linux Technology Center

      Last update: 2012-03-21 00:43    [W:0.021 / U:123.332 seconds]