    Subject[REQUEST] Request for Hosting My Xen and Linux Kernel HowTo/Tutorial/Documentation on www.xen.org and Xen Wiki
    Dear Admins,

    I have spent several days writing my Xen and Linux Kernel
    HowTo/Tutorial/Documentation and also testing my XL domain configuration
    files to make sure they work. I have also verified that creating virtual
    machines with Virtual Machine Manager/libvirt works. I have done a lot
    of testing with my Xen and Linux Kernel documentation.

    There are 4 bugs with Xen 4.2-unstable changeset 25070:

    1. In Xen 4.2-unstable, xend service does not start the HTTP listening
    service on TCP port 8000, so Virtual Machine Manager/libvirt does not
    work in Xen 4.2-unstable.

    2. In Xen 4.2-unstable, I am unable to start Linux PV guests. Linux PV
    guests exit immediately after starting. But I am able to start Linux PV
    guests successfully in Xen 4.1.3-rc1-pre. The bug is with xl.

    3. Installing Ubuntu 12.04 Beta 1 amd64 HVM domU hangs at copying files.

    4. (Xen 4.1.3-rc1-pre) The performance of Fedora 16 x86-64
    paravirtualized domU is VERY POOR and VERY SLOW. Mouse cursor does not
    appear. Maybe XL configuration problem? usb=1 and usb="tablet"???

    The title of my Xen and Linux Kernel documentation is:

    Building and Installing Xen 4.x and Linux Kernel 3.x on Ubuntu and
    Debian Linux

    My Xen and Linux Kernel documentation includes the following topics:

    1. Building the latest Linux Kernel 3.x

    2. Building Xen 4.1.3 and Xen 4.2-unstable

    3. GRUB2 configuration

    4. Installing Virtual Machine Manager/libvirt

    5. Shorewall Firewall Configuration for Xen networking

    6. XL Domain Configuration Files for Windows 8 Consumer Preview HVM
    domU, Windows XP HVM domU, Fedora 16 PV domU, and Ubuntu 12.04 Precise
    Pangolin Beta 1 HVM domU.

    7. Brief overview on Xen VGA Passthrough (reference to David Techer's blog).

    8. Linux Kernel Configuration Files for 3.3.0-rc7, 3.2.11, 3.3.0, and
    3.2.12.

    I have finished writing my Xen and Linux Kernel documentation after
    several days and the latest version of my HTML and PDF documents is
    version 1.3.

    Could you accede to my request by hosting my Xen and Linux Kernel HTML
    and PDF documentation on www.xen.org and the Xen Wiki?

    Download Links
    ==============

    Version 1.0:
    http://www.sgvideoman.com/xen/docs/Building%20and%20Installing%20Xen%204.x%20and%20Linux%20Kernel%203.x%20on%20Ubuntu%20and%20Debian%20Linux%20-%20Version%201.0.pdf

    Version 1.1:
    http://www.sgvideoman.com/xen/docs/Building%20and%20Installing%20Xen%204.x%20and%20Linux%20Kernel%203.x%20on%20Ubuntu%20and%20Debian%20Linux%20-%20Version%201.1.pdf

    Version 1.2:
    http://www.sgvideoman.com/xen/docs/Building%20and%20Installing%20Xen%204.x%20and%20Linux%20Kernel%203.x%20on%20Ubuntu%20and%20Debian%20Linux%20-%20Version%201.2.pdf

    Version 1.3:

    (a)
    http://www.sgvideoman.com/xen/docs/Building%20and%20Installing%20Xen%204.x%20and%20Linux%20Kernel%203.x%20on%20Ubuntu%20and%20Debian%20Linux%20-%20Version%201.3.pdf

    (b)
    http://www.sgvideoman.com/xen/docs/Building%20and%20Installing%20Xen%204.x%20and%20Linux%20Kernel%203.x%20on%20Ubuntu%20and%20Debian%20Linux%20-%20Version%201.3.html

    Thank you very much for your kind consideration and assistance.

    Yours sincerely,

    Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)

      Last update: 2012-03-20 08:25    [W:0.025 / U:1.008 seconds]