    SubjectRe: [3.3-rc7] sys_poll use after free (hibernate)
    On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 08:47:19PM +0100, richard -rw- weinberger wrote:
    > On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 1:58 AM, Dave Jones <davej@redhat.com> wrote:
    > > While trying to reproduce the i915 memory corruption problem with hibernate,
    >
    > If you cannot reproduce the problem you can send me debug/test-patches.
    > I have two machines where I can reproduce the issue within an hour.

    At the time I was hoping to bisect it. But it looks like it only happens on
    ironlake era graphics and newer, which I don't have.

    With that info, I'm not sure it's really bisectable. The bug has probably
    been there since day 1 when ironlake support was added.
    See the thread 'Subject: Re: inode->i_wb_list corruption.' for some further
    thoughts, where it's theorised that the GTT contains stale entries after
    when we thaw. I wouldn't be surprised if no-one had even tried hibernate
    (or at least noticed the memory corruption immediately) before that was merged.

    My thinking is that some kind of GTT teardown in the ->hibernate routine is
    probably what's needed.

    Dave

      Last update: 2012-03-18 22:27    [W:4.218 / U:0.116 seconds]