    SubjectLinux 3.3 release
    So after the extra -rc release last weekend, now the final 3.3 is out
    there in the usual locations.

    Things did indeed calm down during the last week, and the shortlog
    looks pretty boring. The diffstat from -rc7 is dominated by the
    arch/tile defconfig changes, the rest is pretty small, although there
    are changes spread out in various subsystem s(drivers, filesystem,
    networking, perf tools).

    The shortlog (from -rc7) is appended, and for a more high-level view
    of at least parts of the changes since 3.2 it's probably worth going
    to kernelnewbies:

    http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_3.3

    which tends to be pretty good about these kinds of things.

    And obviously, the 3.3 release means that the merge window for 3.4 is
    now open, although I may keep of pulling stuff for a day or so to
    encourage people to test the actual release.

    I did want to mention that with spring break for my kids coming up
    during this merge window, I will be gone a couple of days to the
    Oregon coast, probably without any real internet access. We'll see.
    It's mostly during next weekend, so it's probably not that noticeable,
    but if it means that I fall behind I might spend a few extra days
    doing merging. But even if that means that -rc1 might be slightly
    delayed, I'll use the normal two-week cut-off for actual pull
    requests.

    And who knows - it's entirely possible that it won't be an issue at
    all, and everything will be on schedule. But I thought I'd mention the
    possibility so that it doesn't take anybody by surprise.

    Linus

    ---
    Al Viro (1):
    restore smp_mb() in unlock_new_inode()

    Alan Cox (1):
    drm/gma500: Fix Cedarview boot failures in 3.3-rc

    Alan Stern (1):
    Block: use a freezable workqueue for disk-event polling

    Alexandre Bounine (1):
    rapidio/tsi721: fix bug in register offset definitions

    Anton Blanchard (3):
    perf tools: Incorrect use of snprintf results in SEGV
    afs: Read of file returns EBADMSG
    afs: Remote abort can cause BUG in rxrpc code

    Ariel Elior (1):
    bnx2x: added cpu_to_le16 when preparing ramrod's data

    Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo (1):
    perf tools: Use scnprintf where applicable

    Axel Lin (3):
    regulator: Fix setting selector in tps6524x set_voltage function
    regulator: Set n_voltages for da9052 regulators
    regulator: da9052: Ensure the selected voltage falls within the
    specified range

    Ben Hutchings (1):
    x86: Add amilo-rfkill driver for some Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo laptops

    Chris Metcalf (3):
    arch/tile: Fix up from commit 8a25a2fd126c621f44f3aeaef80d51f00fc11639
    arch/tile: sync up the defconfig files to the tip
    arch/tile/configs: convert to minimal configs via "make savedefconfig"

    Cyrill Gorcunov (1):
    prctl: use CAP_SYS_RESOURCE for PR_SET_MM option

    Dan Carpenter (2):
    block, sx8: fix pointer math issue getting fw version
    drivers/video/backlight/s6e63m0.c: fix corruption storing gamma mode

    Danny Kukawka (2):
    drivers/block/DAC960: fix DAC960_V2_IOCTL_Opcode_T -Wenum-compare warning
    drivers/block/DAC960: fix -Wuninitialized warning

    David S. Miller (1):
    sparc32: Add -Av8 to assembler command line.

    Donghwa Lee (1):
    MAINTAINERS: add entry for exynos mipi display drivers

    Eric Dumazet (6):
    tcp: fix syncookie regression
    ipv6: fix icmp6_dst_alloc()
    sch_sfq: revert dont put new flow at the end of flows
    net/usbnet: reserve headroom on rx skbs
    net/hyperv: fix erroneous NETDEV_TX_BUSY use
    wimax/i2400m: fix erroneous NETDEV_TX_BUSY use

    Gianluca Gennari (1):
    [media] smsdvb: fix get_frontend

    Guenter Roeck (4):
    hwmon: (w83627ehf) Fix writing into fan_stop_time for NCT6775F/NCT6776F
    hwmon: (w83627ehf) Fix memory leak in probe function
    hwmon: (w83627ehf) Describe undocumented pwm attributes
    hwmon: (zl6100) Enable interval between chip accesses for all chips

    Gustavo Padovan (1):
    MAINTAINERS: Gustavo has moved

    Haogang Chen (1):
    nilfs2: clamp ns_r_segments_percentage to [1, 99]

    Henrique Camargo (1):
    [media] media: davinci: added module.h to resolve unresolved macros

    Hugh Dickins (1):
    memcg: free mem_cgroup by RCU to fix oops

    Ike Panhc (1):
    acer-wmi: No wifi rfkill on Lenovo machines

    Ingo Molnar (1):
    perf tools, x86: Build perf on older user-space as well

    James Morris (1):
    MAINTAINERS: Add Serge as maintainer of capabilities

    Jan Kara (1):
    udf: Fix deadlock in udf_release_file()

    Jason Baron (1):
    Don't limit non-nested epoll paths

    Jean Delvare (1):
    hwmon: (w83627ehf) Fix temp2 source for W83627UHG

    Jesse Barnes (2):
    drm/i915: fix color order for BGR formats on SNB
    drm/i915: support 32 bit BGR formats in sprite planes

    Joerg Neikes (1):
    usb: asix: Patch for Sitecom LN-031

    Johan Hedberg (2):
    MAINTAINERS: add Johan to Bluetooth maintainers
    MAINTAINERS: fix link to Gustavo Padovans tree

    Jun'ichi Nomura (1):
    block: Fix NULL pointer dereference in sd_revalidate_disk

    Kuninori Morimoto (1):
    ARM: mach-shmobile: ap4evb: fixup fsi2_ak4643_info typo

    Laurent Pinchart (4):
    [media] [FOR,v3.3] uvcvideo: Avoid division by 0 in timestamp calculation
    ARM: mach-shmobile: Fix ag5evm compilation by including linux/videodev2.h
    ARM: mach-shmobile: mackerel: Reserve DMA memory for the frame buffer
    drm/exynos: Fix fb_videomode <-> drm_mode_modeinfo conversion

    Linus Torvalds (1):
    Linux 3.3

    Marek Szyprowski (2):
    drm/exynos: use correct 'exynos-drm' name for platform device
    drm/exynos: fix runtime_pm fimd device state on probe

    Mark Salter (1):
    C6X: remove dead code from entry.S

    Matt Fleming (1):
    tile: Use set_current_blocked() and block_sigmask()

    Matthew Garrett (1):
    PCI: ignore pre-1.1 ASPM quirking when ASPM is disabled

    Mauro Carvalho Chehab (1):
    [media] smsusb: fix the default delivery system setting

    Michal Schmidt (2):
    bnx2x: fix a crash on corrupt firmware file
    bnx2x: fix memory leak in bnx2x_init_firmware()

    Miklos Szeredi (2):
    vfs: fix double put after complete_walk()
    vfs: fix return value from do_last()

    Muthukumar R (1):
    block: Fix setting bio flags in drivers (sd_dif/floppy)

    Nicholas Bellinger (2):
    target: Fix compatible reservation handling (CRH=1) with legacy
    RESERVE/RELEASE
    iscsi-target: Fix reservation conflict -EBUSY response handling bug

    Pablo Neira Ayuso (1):
    netfilter: ctnetlink: fix race between delete and timeout expiration

    Pavel Shilovsky (1):
    CIFS: Do not kmalloc under the flocks spinlock

    Peter Zijlstra (1):
    perf/x86: Fix local vs remote memory events for NHM/WSM

    Phil Edworthy (2):
    sh: Fix sh2a vbr table for more than 255 irqs
    ARM: mach-shmobile: Fix bonito compile breakage

    Rafael J. Wysocki (1):
    sh-sci / PM: Avoid deadlocking runtime PM

    Robert Gerlach (1):
    Fujitsu tablet extras driver

    RongQing.Li (1):
    ipv6: Don't dev_hold(dev) in ip6_mc_find_dev_rcu.

    Ryusuke Konishi (1):
    nilfs2: fix NULL pointer dereference in nilfs_load_super_block()

    Santosh Nayak (1):
    cifs: possible memory leak in xattr.

    Sascha Hauer (1):
    drm exynos: use drm_fb_helper_set_par directly

    Shimoda, Yoshihiro (1):
    sh: add parameter for RSPI in clock-sh7757

    Stanislav Kinsbursky (1):
    tun: don't hold network namespace by tun sockets

    Stanislaw Gruszka (3):
    block: fix __blkdev_get and add_disk race condition
    iwl3945: fix possible il->txq NULL pointer dereference in delayed works
    rt2x00: fix random stalls

    Stephane Eranian (1):
    perf record: Fix buffer overrun bug in tracepoint_id_to_path()

    Tejun Heo (3):
    block: replace icq->changed with icq->flags
    block: simplify ioc_release_fn()
    block: exit_io_context() should call elevator_exit_icq_fn()

    Thomas Schwinge (1):
    sh: fix up the ubc clock definition for sh7785.

    Tom Herbert (1):
    dql: Fix undefined jiffies

    Tyler Hicks (1):
    vfs: Correctly set the dir i_mutex lockdep class

    Ville Syrjala (1):
    i2c-algo-bit: Fix spurious SCL timeouts under heavy load

    Viresh Kumar (1):
    MAINTAINERS: update ST's Mailing list for SPEAr

    Wolfram Sang (1):
    i2c-core: Comment says "transmitted" but means "received"

    Xi Wang (1):
    panasonic-laptop: avoid overflow in acpi_pcc_hotkey_add()

    Xiaotian Feng (1):
    block: fix ioc leak in put_io_context

    Yuval Mintz (3):
    bnx2x: pfc statistics counts pfc events twice
    bnx2x: dcb bit indices flags used as bits
    bnx2x: FCoE statistics id fixed

    roel (1):
    arch/tile: misplaced parens near likely

      Last update: 2012-03-19 02:29    [W:0.045 / U:0.404 seconds]