    SubjectRe: Extending coredump note section to contain filenames
    On 03/12/2012 05:46 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 01:42:18 +0100, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
    >> There is no 100% reliable solution possible -- you have no guarantee of
    >> any kind that the library executable still exists.
    > I have guarantee that the library binary mapped in memory identified by
    > build-id can be found out there in the could. There is no other guarantee.
    > And this guarantee fails with other solutions.
    > If you say that it is _additional_ info to build-id then yes, one can always
    > use build-id if everything else fails. But then the non-build-id information
    > is redundant and it can just lead to wrong toolchain solutions - which has
    > already happened (Apport).

    You're thinking of a particular use case which isn't necessarily the
    only one that matters. It might be the only one that matters to *you*,
    but that's very different to what matters to a developer, for example.

    And yes of course the build-id should be included.

      Last update: 2012-03-13 01:53    [W:0.020 / U:17.524 seconds]