    SubjectRe: inode->i_wb_list corruption.
    On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 17:13 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
    > On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 02:44:49PM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
    > > <#part sign=pgpmime>
    > > On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 15:19:34 -0500, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@redhat.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Is the VT-d issue something in the hardware itself, or do you mean if
    > > > you have it enabled in the kernel? We've had the intel IOMMU disabled
    > > > by default in the Fedora kernels for a while now. At least since before
    > > > 3.2 was released.
    > >
    > > I don't know for sure; David Woodhouse gave a scary presentation
    > > yesterday that makes me unsure of what happens when IOMMU is disabled in
    > > the kernel, given that much of the hardware is setup by the BIOS.
    >
    > Is that presentation something that could be shared? I have to say,
    > hearing that doesn't really inspire confidence in either the IOMMU or
    > the kernel.

    It was mostly just a rant about the design mistakes we made with the
    IOMMU — in particular giving the BIOS as much rope as possible for it to
    hang us with.

    If the BIOS exposes the IOMMU but the OS chooses not to enable it, I
    don't believe there's any problem with that.

    --
    dwmw2
    [unhandled content-type:application/x-pkcs7-signature]

      Last update: 2012-03-12 22:29    [W:0.038 / U:61.292 seconds]