SubjectRe: FireWire/SBP2 Target mode
On Feb 07 Chris Boot wrote:
> On 06/02/2012 23:09, Chris Boot wrote:

An SBP-2 initiator should be prepared to retry its first login attempt if
it sent it shortly after a bus reset. The target may still hold
reservations for previously loggend in initiators for up to reconnect_hold
+ 2 seconds after bus reset.

Yep.

> >> Stupid question: Could you use a completion queue or something
> >> equivalent to wait until you have seen the fw_node, *then* process the
> >> LOGIN request?
> >
> > The fw_address_handler callback is called in interrupt context, and
> > I can't sleep from within there. As far as I'm aware I must call
> > fw_send_response() from within the callback and can't defer that until
> > I've scheduled something on a work queue. Please correct me if I'm
> > wrong though, as that might be useful anyway.
>
> Hmm sorry I've thought about this overnight and clearly I was talking
> rubbish. Yes, I need to reply in the fw_address_handler but all I tend
> to do in there is schedule a task to the the main part of the work
> anyway. As most of the operations require fetching an ORB from the
> initiator I have to do this from user context.

Technically there are two things to perform:

1. Finish the inbound IEEE 1394 transaction to the management agent
register by means of fw_send_response(). As far as I can tell, you
don't have to do that in the address_callback(). But there is little
reason not to.

fw_send_response() ends the lifetime of an fw_request, so read the
speed code before you respond.

2. Finish the inbound SBP-2 transaction; here the login. This and
everything that leads up to it is definitely easiest to implement in
a process context, e.g. workqueue item.
--
Stefan Richter

  Last update: 2012-02-07 20:21    [W:0.168 / U:21.096 seconds]