    SubjectRe: Compat 32-bit syscall entry from 64-bit task!?
    On 01/20/2012 02:40 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
    > If you change the size of a regset, then the new full size will be the size
    > of the core file notes. Existing userland tools will not be expecting
    > this, they expect a known exact size. If you need to add new stuff, it
    > really is easier all around to add a new regset flavor. When adding a new
    > one, you can make it variable-sized from the start so as to be extensible
    > in the future. We did this for NT_X86_XSTATE, for example.
    > Thanks,
    > Roland

    Hi Roland,

    What is needed to make a regset variable-sized? Just declaring that it
    may change in size in the future, or does one need a length field at the
    top (I would personally have expected that both notes and ptrace would
    have out-of-band methods for getting the size?)

      Last update: 2012-02-06 21:37    [W:0.020 / U:3.448 seconds]