SubjectRe: Compat 32-bit syscall entry from 64-bit task!?
On 01/20/2012 02:40 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
> If you change the size of a regset, then the new full size will be the size
> of the core file notes. Existing userland tools will not be expecting
> this, they expect a known exact size. If you need to add new stuff, it
> really is easier all around to add a new regset flavor. When adding a new
> one, you can make it variable-sized from the start so as to be extensible
> in the future. We did this for NT_X86_XSTATE, for example.
>
> Thanks,
> Roland

Hi Roland,

What is needed to make a regset variable-sized? Just declaring that it
may change in size in the future, or does one need a length field at the
top (I would personally have expected that both notes and ptrace would
have out-of-band methods for getting the size?)

-hp-a

  Last update: 2012-02-06 21:37    [W:0.326 / U:0.376 seconds]