    SubjectRe: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (staging tree related)
    Hi Chris,

    On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 07:35:35 +0000 Chris Kelly <ckelly@ozmodevices.com> wrote:

    > Hi Greg,
    >
    > I believe I understand the cause of the problem and would like to submit
    > a patch to fix it. However, I am unclear on what the starting point is given
    > that the final patch was reverted from linux-next. Do I assume that patch
    > will be reapplied before the applying the new patch or should I provide
    > another patch to reapply the reverted patch? Is it acceptable to submit
    > patches generated against the head of linux-next?

    Your patches are all still in Greg's tree which I merge into linux-next
    every day. I have then been reverting that last patch each day. Your
    patch should be against Greg's tree (or your last patch) and then when
    the fix is in Greg's tree, I will get it in linux-next and stop reverting
    the other patch.

    > Before submitting the patch, I would like to test that the patch really
    > does fix the issue found by Stephen. Since it doesn't occur when building
    > for x32 or x64 then I need to setup a PowerPC cross-compile tool chain. Do
    > you have any suggestions as to where I can pull a prebuilt tool chain or
    > do I need to build directly from the GNU sources.

    http://www.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/files/bin/x86_64/4.6.0/x86_64-gcc-4.6.0-nolibc_powerpc64-linux.tar.xz

    That is am x86_64 hosted powerpc64 compiler suitable for building the
    kernel.

    --
    Cheers,
    Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au

      Last update: 2012-02-29 08:55    [W:0.019 / U:89.416 seconds]