SubjectRe: [git pull] Trivial NTFS and LDM changes.
Hi Linus,

On 27 Feb 2012, at 16:23, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 2:26 AM, Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> PS. None of this is especially urgent so if you prefer me to re-send when the
>> next merge window opens please let me know. I just thought these things
>> are so trivial we might as well get them in now.
>
> Hey, it was small and removed more lines than it added, so I pulled it.
>
> Sadly, I didn't *look* at it until after I had already pushed out.
>
> *THESE* things would have made me unpull it immediately, if I hadn't
> done my test compile and pushed things out:
>
> commit f621c5334396fd153cd882ea92466823b7e7b821
> Merge: 0afa1b62e332 500dd2370e77
> Author: Anton Altaparmakov <anton@tuxera.com>
> Date: Mon Feb 27 09:01:22 2012 +0000
>
> Merge branch 'master' of /Volumes/CaseSensitiveDisk/linux
>
> commit 0afa1b62e33250d4777c5803a98ae69fbe872061
> Merge: 97387e3baaf3 bb4c7e9a9908
> Author: Anton Altaparmakov <anton@tuxera.com>
> Date: Fri Feb 24 09:39:16 2012 +0000
>
> Merge branch 'master' of /Volumes/CaseSensitiveDisk/linux
>
> There's two of those *stupid* merges that have no reason for existing,
> no explanation, and are just ugly.
>
> Don't do this, guys!

Sorry! I just pulled in your latest tree before pushing it to kernel.org. I didn't realize that goes and merges stuff and I certainly did not get an editor window. )-:

I have been running git 1.7.4.4. I have now upgraded to current git head 1.7.9.2.302.g3724c so hopefully that will not happen again.

Best regards,

Anton

> And if you know you do these by mistake, just get the current version
> of git *pronto*, and install that instead of (or in addition to: "make
> install" just installs it in your ~/bin directory, so if you make your
> PATH look there first, you don't need anything else) your distro
> version of git.
>
> That will now bring up an editor for your merges, and maybe that will
> make you go "Oh, this is f*cking STUPID", and realize that you
> shouldn't be doing that merge!
>
> Christ. I really don't like stupid unnecessary merges. And when they
> are from "master" of some random badly named repository, I like them
> even less. The above is really just a f*cking abomination, and says
> "somebody is doing something horribly wrong".
>
> Linus

Linux NTFS maintainer, http://www.linux-ntfs.org/

  Last update: 2012-02-27 20:53    [W:0.061 / U:0.072 seconds]