    SubjectRe: Can we move device drivers into user-space?
    On Fre, 2012-02-24 at 11:38 -0500, Jidong Xiao wrote:
    > Although I was asking "can we" do something, I am not actually
    > strongly in favor of either move or not move, as indeed it costs too
    > much to do the moving job.

    You obviously missed a crucial point in the little corner "LKML" of the
    universe: You are (automatically, implicitly) expected to start the work
    and produce patches and keep on working on it and actually *do* the job.
    If only to show that you are serious, that the "ideas" are actually
    useful and you are not just trolling around. Possibly people will help
    you though.

    Quoting some studies is nice for reference (implying that they are
    relevant and applicable which should be checked before blindly believing
    in it) but most here have read too many "studies" to be impressed any
    number of them.

    That's usually worded in (and meant with) "show patches" or "try it out"
    or "talk is cheap, show me the code".

    Bernd Petrovitsch Email :
    LUGA :

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-02-27 12:21    [W:0.043 / U:6.272 seconds]