    SubjectRe: route add default fails with ESRCH?

    Hello,

    On Wed, 22 Feb 2012, Arun Sharma wrote:

    > Without this my eth0 driver complains about link not being ready.
    >
    > > > # cat /proc/net/fib_trie
    > >
    > > Where is "Main:" here?
    >
    > I think answering this is key.

    Main is not printed only when the main table is
    empty. The table name is printed only if there are nodes
    in the table. May be all rules (ESRCH) and all routes (no Main)
    are flushed.

    > This is the main difference between systems that work and the ones that don't.
    > Systems that work have a non-empty Main table:
    >
    > # cat /proc/net/fib_trie
    > Main:
    > +-- 0.0.0.0/0 4 3 10
    > +-- 0.0.0.0/4 1 0 0
    > |-- 0.0.0.0
    > /0 universe THROW
    >
    > I'll try to figure out why my RT_TABLE_MAIN was empty after my network startup
    > scripts finished. But given my experience with 2.6.38, fib_hash handled this
    > case just fine and fib_trie broke it :(

    printk for current->comm should show the process name
    that removes the routes. If problem is ifup-local I remember
    only for one difference: fib_trie can list 0.0.0.0/0 before
    other routes but ip route flush default simply removes all
    routes, even on old kernels. May be route del default gw...
    does not delete the default route and then
    'ip route flush default' does the bad job.

    Regards

    --
    Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>

      Last update: 2012-02-23 01:03    [W:0.026 / U:62.356 seconds]