SubjectRe: RFC: usb: musb: Changes proposed for adding CPPI4.1 DMA
Hello.

On 02-02-2012 8:57, Gupta, Ajay Kumar wrote:

> [...]

>>> yes.

>>> We have been discussing on how to handle these in slave driver and

>> These certainly cannot be handled in the slave driver because the
>> registers are different for every controller implementation and, the
>> main thing, they don't belong to CPPI 4.1 as such.

> Felipe suggested to use device tree for differences in register maps
> among different platforms.

I don't see how the device tree would magically help here.

> I do see issues in reading wrapper interrupt status register and then
> calling musb_interrupt() [defined inside musb_core.c] from slave driver.

>>> would post our proposal in RFC for slave driver design. Do you have
>>> any proposal?

>> I think this will need hooks from dma-engine.c to the glue layers. I
>> was going to implement such in my version of MUSB CPPI 4.1 driver (in order
>> to also support AM35x) but lacked time.

> That would mean a change in current drivers/dma API.

No, it doesn't. I'm proposing hooks from dma-engine.c which is situated in
drivers/usb/musb/ if I got you right. It just means that the calls to
dma-engine.c as MUSB DMA driver won't map to the calls to the DMA slave driver
as directly as you've presented before.

> Ajay

>>> Regards,
>>> Ajay

WBR, Sergei

  Last update: 2012-02-02 12:09    [W:0.082 / U:0.140 seconds]