SubjectQuestion about loading firmware
Drivers b43 and b43legacy both load their firmware from their probe routines,
which is a problem with the latest udev implementations, and I'm trying to fix
that problem.

The complication is that they need to load several (3 or 4) firmware files. When
I tried to use request_firmware_nowait() to load them in parallel, I got
warnings that I was trying to create a duplicate name in sysfs. I presume this
is because each of the tasks has the same name - I used the default THIS_MODULE
value for the first argument. I'm not sure that I could change that - I don't
see any examples in the existing source.

If I changed the probe routine to start a workqueue item that called the
firmware loading routines, could I safely use request_firmware() in that case?
If so, it would be a clean solution.

Thanks,

Larry

  Last update: 2012-02-12 20:11    [W:0.030 / U:0.180 seconds]