    SubjectRe: [systemd-devel] dracut: ordering of modules
    On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 19:14 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
    > On Fri, 10.02.12 16:31, Roberto Sassu (roberto.sassu@polito.it) wrote:
    >

    > > Hi Mimi
    > >
    > > i'm CCing the systemd and Fedora SELinux mailing lists.
    > >
    > > Unfortunately, the SELinux policy initialization (at least
    > > in Fedora 16) has been moved to systemd, so, now, loading an
    > > IMA policy cannot be done in the initial ramdisk.
    > >
    > > Further, the SELinux policy loading code is not in a unit file
    > > but embedded in the main binary, which means that the new code for
    > >
    > > I already wrote a patch for this. I need some time to test it
    > > and will post in the systemd mailing list at the beginning of
    > > the next week.

    Thanks Roberto!

    > Hmm, what is this about? You need a place to load additional security
    > policies into the kernel at early boot? For SELinux that indeed takes
    > place from within PID 1 now in systemd. I'd expect that other security
    > technologies like AppArmor should work the same.

    The IMA measurement/appraisal policy, which is described in
    Documentation/ABI/testing/ima_policy, can be based on a number
    of criteria. One of these criteria are LSM subj/obj labels. The IMA
    measurement/appraisal policy should be loaded as early as possible, but
    only after the LSM policy has been loaded.

    Mimi

    > If you want to hack on this basing your work on selinux-setup.c in the
    > systemd tree should be fairly easy.
    >
    > Lennart

      Last update: 2012-02-12 01:23    [W:0.025 / U:0.140 seconds]