Subjecthexagon: signal handling bugs
	1) unless I'm seriously misreading hexagon vm_entry.S, once we'd
called do_notify_resume, we do *not* recheck if there's more work to
be done. In particular, if we'd got more signals pending - e.g. from
SIGSEGV we'd got while trying to set a sigframe up. That's not a good
thing for a lot of reasons. Note that once that is fixed, you'll need
to make sure that restart logics is applied only *once* - not for subsequent
sigframes.

2) sigreturn should *NOT* be restartable at all, or you'll get
a lot of hard-to-reproduce fun. AFAICS, the right thing to do would
be to set ->syscall_nr to something negative, not __NR_rt_sigreturn in there
(and return regs->r00 instead of 0, to avoid the check in do_trap0).
Reason: suppose you have e.g. a loop that runs through different values in
r00. No syscalls in it. A signal comes and gets treated on the way
out of kernel after the next e.g. timer interrupt. We save the values
of registers into a sigframe and go into the handler. Another signal
comes; the next time we reach the kernel is when we get to rt_sigreturn().
There we
* have registers restored from on-stack sigframe
* have ->syscall_nr set to __NR_rt_sigreturn
* hit handle_signal() on the way out
* check ->r00; note that this is the value we have just restored
from sigframe. If it happens to be -ERESTARTNOHAND, silently replace it
with -EINTR. And eventually return to clueless userland.
Result: if timer interrupt happens when the userland loop goes through
-ERESTARTNOHAND, the value of r00 is clobbered upon return from signal handler.
Fun debugging that kind of bugs: priceless...

3) on sigreturn we need to set current->restart_block.fn; hexagon
doesn't do that.

4) altstack can overflow; you don't check that. See
commit 83bd01024b1fdfc41d9b758e5669e80fca72df66
Author: Roland McGrath <roland@redhat.com>
Date: Wed Jan 30 13:30:06 2008 +0100
for an analog.

5) try_to_freeze() has no business being called in do_signal();
let get_signal_to_deliver() handle that.

I don't have any access to hardware *or* cross-toolchain, so all I can do
here is RTFS and review. For #2..#5 I would not be afraid to post untested
patches (they are essentially trivial), but #1 is well beyond my arrogance
threshold - messing in assembler glue on an architecture I don't know *and*
can't test... Sorry.

  Last update: 2012-02-12 00:29    [W:0.191 / U:0.328 seconds]