SubjectRe: Linux 3.8-rc1
On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 06:00:58PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> The longest night of the year is upon us (*), and what better thing to
> do than get yourself some nice mulled wine, sit back, relax, and play
> with the most recent rc kernel?
>
> This has been a big merge window: we've got more commits than any
> other kernel in the v3.x kernel series (although v3.2-rc1 was *almost*
> as big). It's been a rather busy merge window, in other words.
>
> The diffstat looks normal: about 63% of the patch being to drivers
> (staging, networking, scsi, gpu, sound, drbd etc) , 18% architecture
> updates (with various ARM platform things being the bulk of it as
> usual, sigh), and the rest being "various", like core networking,
> filesystems (new f2fs flash-optimized filesystem) and include files
> etc.
>
> I'm appending the "merge shortlog" which is about the only half-way
> readable automated data I can give you. There's a *ton* of stuff here.
> Go out and test it,

Hi Linus,

Was there anything wrong with Frederic's printk patches? They are needed
as one of the steps to acheive tickless for a CPU running a single task.

https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/12/17/177

Maybe his "RFC" threw you for a loop. It was RFC as, if you're OK with
it, please pull it, otherwise please comment to what you think is
wrong with it.

It's been in linux-next for a while without anyone complaining about it.
I replied to his patch with the diff against your tree as Frederic left
that out.

Thanks,

-- Steve

  Last update: 2012-12-22 04:21    [W:0.117 / U:2.004 seconds]