SubjectRe: [ 00/27] 3.7.1-stable review
On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 02:14:06PM -0800, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:07:38PM +0100, Mariusz Kozlowski wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 03:01:13PM -0800, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> > > This is the start of the stable review cycle for the 3.7.1 release.
> > > There are 27 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response
> > > to this one. If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please
> > > let me know.

> > > Anything received after that time might be too late.
> > >
> > > The whole patch series can be found in one patch at:
> > > kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.0/stable-review/patch-3.7.1-rc1.gz
> > > and the diffstat can be found below.
> >
> > Greg, would that be a problem to send these patches for review to
> > linux-3.7.y branch and mark them with v3.7.1-rc1 commit/tag?
>
> Yes, it is a problem, sorry.
>
> > Is something goes wrong there is still place to fix/revert as needed.
> > If not do the final commit/tag that says this is v3.7.1 [1].
> >
> > It would be easier to automate things by just monitoring linux-stable
> > remote for new tags.
>
> Automate what?

Automate builing stable -rc kernels so that the builds trigger
themselves when needed and all I have to do is install the kernel and
boot it - I do that on real hardware so this part is done manually so
far (for various reasons).

>You can just look for the patch files to show up on
> kernel.org if you wish to automate testing.

That's already done. Ugly but it works.

> Otherwise, sorry, but creating a git tree of these patches, for the -rc
> kernels, doesn't work with the current work flow. I have to have the
> ability to remove and add patches and change patches in the middle of
> the series of patches before the final kernel release for a variety of
> reasons, all of which have come up over the years of doing these stable
> kernel releases.
>
> In other words, I don't ever want to rebase.

Ok. Thanks for explanation.

BTW. Nothing breaks for me so far so nothing to report.
--
Mariusz Kozlowski

  Last update: 2012-12-18 00:21    [W:0.905 / U:0.124 seconds]