SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Multiple run-queues for BFS
From
On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 1:16 AM, Matthias Kohler
<matthias.kohler2224@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm doing a CPU-Scheduler based on BFS by Con Kolivas with support for
> multiple run-queues. BFS in itself uses only one run-queue for all
> CPU's. This avoids the load-balancing overhead, but does not scale well.
> One run-queue per CPU does scale well, but then the scheduler has
> load-balancing overhead. The scheduler I'm developing supports every
> possible run-queues configuration. You can have one single run-queue
> like in BFS, or you can have one run-queue per CPU, or something
> completely different like one run-queue every two CPU's. This, in theory
> would allow the scheduler to be fine-tuned to the hardware and the
> workload.

Cannot see the reason to install wings on horse back.
Is it developed to schedule apps on advanced servers?
Notebook, or smart phone?

Good Weekend
Hillf

  Last update: 2012-12-16 06:01    [W:0.058 / U:0.016 seconds]