SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] x86/uapi for 3.8
On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 3:45 PM, David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com> wrote:
> Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I think I have most of the x86 stuff merged now (just merged the
>> EFI and ACPI trees), and at this point it might be worth regenerating
>> it and getting this over and done with.
>
> Okay, regenerated and pushed.

Ugh. This doesn't seem to work for me at all. It causes infinite
scrolling of some text that I have no idea about.

I started bisecting (because I thought it might be something else and
I hadn't booted after every pull), but by now the only thing I have
left is ARM and a couple of tiny OF patches .. and the x86 UAPI split.

The split *should* have been safe, since it's mostly a "compile or
not" thing like Peter said, but we had similar problems on other
architectures, when things compiled but didn't actually work due to
missing #define's and #ifdef handling. Things like
architecture-specific macros that have default versions available when
the macro is missing etc.

Now, maybe it's some of the other remaining commits after all, but
from where I am in the bisection it really looks like the uapi patch
is the most likely culprit. So I thought I'd let people know...

Linus

  Last update: 2012-12-15 03:01    [W:0.114 / U:0.736 seconds]