SubjectRe: power: Add simple poweroff-gpio driver
On 12/14/2012 08:08 AM, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 09:21:50AM +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:
>
> > > Given this seems to be dependant on device-tree, shouldn't there be
> > > some 'depends on' in the kconfig to prevent this showing up on architectures
> > > that don't implement it ?

> > Don't these depends on here do what you want?
>
> I think it needs to be on the menuconfig, rather than the child options.
> I don't have OF_GPIO, but I still got asked for the former.

The menuconfig enables a class of drivers (at least theoretically in the
future, when more such drivers turn up), and there's no reason to
believe that all of those drivers will depend on OF. So in my opinion,
making POWER_RESET_GPIO depend on OF makes sense, but making POWER_RESET
depend on it doesn't.

Another solution might be to remove the menuconfig, and just include the
option for the individual driver.

  Last update: 2012-12-14 18:01    [W:0.078 / U:0.360 seconds]