SubjectRe: Makefile race between jobs
On Monday 10 December 2012 04:00 PM, Michal Marek wrote:
> On 10.12.2012 11:11, Vineet Gupta wrote:
>> ARC Port caches current task pointer in a register - thus we have a
>> global asm register definition in current.h
>> In the past, a customer ran into issue when porting some "really
>> portable" code to kernel - such that asm/current.h didn't make it into
>> the build of their module - via normal header includes - strange but
>> true. Thus forcing current.h via way of -include seemed like a
>> safe/sensible way.
>
> To me that sounds like either an arc header is using the define but
> lacking an include of asm/current.h, or the code is lacking asm/current.h.

It was latter - customer code was lacking include of asm/current.h
At any rate, independent of above, since we are dealing with a global
reg definition, IMHO, forcing the -include for each file built ensures
the generated code correctness (gcc reg allocator not fiddling with that
reg) - w/o "assuming" it would.

-Vineet

> Michal

  Last update: 2012-12-10 12:01    [W:0.248 / U:0.180 seconds]