SubjectRE: TDM bus support in Linux Kernel
Date
Hi Greg,

During the work on developing VoIP network router I designed TDM bus subsystem and wrote SLIC driver for si3226x. This code was developed for the commercial project, and now I am willing to release it under GPL.
Please review my sources (or give me a clue on what to do next) and give some feedback on my work.
https://github.com/stelhs/slic_tdm.git

Some technical delails on my project:

SOHO network router with VoIP based on CPU ARM9 Marvell 88F6283.
Router contains two FXS ports based on Silabs si32260 which is connected to CPU with SPI and TDM buses.

Description of the TDM subsystem:

The code which registers new TDM bus:
/drivers/tdm/tdm_code.c
/include/linux/tdm/tdm.h

TDM subsystem provides API for registering of various TDM controller drivers:
tdm_alloc_controller() - alloc memory for TDM controller driver
tdm_free_controller() - free memory allocated for TDM controller driver
tdm_controller_register() - register TDM controller driver on TDM bus
tdm_controller_unregister() - unregister TDM controller driver

tdm_alloc_voice_channel() - allocate memory for voice channel
tdm_register_new_voice_channel() - register voice channel on TDM controller
tdm_free_voice_channels() - unregister and free voice channels
tdm_register_board_info() - register TDM devices list from board_specific code

TDM controller driver attached to TDM bus. Provides the following API for TDM device drivers:
tdm_new_device() - allocate memory and create tdm_device
tdm_add_device() - add tdm device to TDM bus
request_voice_channel() - attempt to request TDM voice channel for TDM device
release_voice_channel() - release TDM voice channel
tdm_run_audio() - enable audio receive/transmit
tdm_stop_audio() - disable audio receive/transmit
tdm_recv() - receive one block audio data
tdm_send() - transmit one block audio data
tdm_poll_rx() - check for exist incomming data
tdm_poll_tx() - check free space for transmitting data
tdm_get_voice_block_size() - return audio block size

TDM controller driver for ARM Marvell kirkwood CPU.
Was tested on CPU ARM9 Marvell 88F6283. This CPU supports two TDM audio channels.
/drivers/tdm/kirkwood_tdm.c
/drivers/tdm/kirkwood_tdm.h

Driver for SLIC Silabs si3226x based on SPI and TDM frameworks.
/drivers/staging/si3226x/si3226x_drv.c
/drivers/staging/si3226x/si3226x_hw.c

Provides two FXS channels and creates the following device files:
/dev/si3226x_cnt.x
/dev/si3226x_fxs0.x
/dev/si3226x_fxs1.x

Regards,