SubjectRe: Apparent serious progressive ext4 data corruption bug in 3.6.3 (and other stable branches?)
On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 08:11:12PM -0400, Ric Wheeler wrote:

> Sending this just to you two to avoid embarrassing myself if I
> misread the thread, but....
>
> Can we reproduce this with any other hardware RAID card? Or with MD?

There was another user who reported very similar corruption using
3.6.2 using USB thumb drive. I can't be certain that it's the same
bug that's being triggered, but the symptoms were identical.

> If we cannot reproduce this in other machines, why assume this is an
> ext4 issue and not a hardware firmware bug?
>
> As an ex-storage guy, this really smells like the hardware raid card
> might be misleading us....

It's possible. The main reason why I took this so seriously was
because of the 2nd, apparently confirming report, with very different
hardware. That was what was so scary to me, at least at first.

- Ted

  Last update: 2012-10-26 06:01    [W:0.512 / U:0.072 seconds]