    Subjectx86-64: memset()/memcpy() not fully standards compliant
    Forever these two functions have been limited to deal with at most 4G
    at a time. While I cannot point out an in-tree user that would require
    larger sizes, it is now the second time that within our Xen kernel we got
    bitten by that limitation. Would you nevertheless accept a patch to
    eliminate those shortcomings (iirc there may need to be workarounds
    for CPU bugs when it comes to using string instructions on such large
    blocks, albeit memmove() doesn't seem to care)?

    Otherwise, is there any rationale for this sort of lurking bug?

    Thanks, Jan

      Last update: 2012-01-05 15:05    [W:0.111 / U:0.020 seconds]