    SubjectRe: perf_events: proposed fix for broken intr throttling (repost)
    On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 21:33 +0000, Stephane Eranian wrote:
    > > I don't think it needs that, I do dislike the unconditional iterate all
    > > events thing though. Maybe we can set some per-cpu state indicating
    > > someone got throttled (rare under normal operation -- you'd hope) and
    > > only iterate to unthrottle when we find this set.
    > >
    > Could try that too.
    >
    > > I think the event scheduling resulting from migration will already
    > > re-enable the event, avoiding the loss of unthrottle due to that..
    > > although it would be good to verify that.
    > >
    > Yes, you're not dead forever, but still it is not acceptable as is.

    Oh for sure, I didn't mean it like that. What I was getting at is a
    counter getting throttled on one cpu, setting the per-cpu variable,
    getting migrated and not getting unthrottled due to now living on
    another cpu which doesn't have the per-cpu thing set.

    If the scheduling resulting from the migration already unthrottles that
    scenario can't happen.

      Last update: 2012-01-04 23:53    [W:0.027 / U:0.876 seconds]