    SubjectRe: loading firmware while usermodehelper disabled.
    > That said, I guess there are more complicated / difficult pieces of
    > hardware that might not do that. Is that the case here? Can we detect
    > that the firmware needs reloading and have the primary driver "yield" to
    > the firmware driver?

    That doesn't really make any sense in the way USB works.

    However if you've got a system to load and pin firmware *on suspend* and
    flush it post resume then you don't actually need special 'firmware'
    drivers just a slightly fancier lib/firmware that refcounts and handles
    load on suspend/delayed flush.

    (and probably a sysctl for cache tuning so that typical small firmwares
    get cached on bigger boxes anyway for speed)

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-01-03 14:23    [W:0.019 / U:67.340 seconds]