    SubjectRE: linux-next: build failure after merge of the s5p tree
    Date
    Stephen Rothwell wrote:

    > Hi Kukjin,

    Hi,

    > After merging the s5p tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
    > ppc64_defconfig) failed badly. The problem is that you have merged into
    > your tree a version of the driver-core tree that I reported broken on Dec
    > 28.

    Oops, sorry that.

    > Presumably you merged the driver-core tree to fix up some conflicts I
    > have reported. Don't do that, please. Either leave them for Linus to
    > fix up, or do a merge of Linus' tree after he has merged the (hopefully
    > fixed) driver-core tree during the merge window. Or send him your tree
    > unmerged with the merged version available for him to use if he wants to.

    OK, I see. Firstly, I will rebase my for-next as per your suggestion. As you
    know, I just wanted to avoid known conflicts with driver-core tree.

    > I have used the s5p tree from next-20111228 for today.

    OK.

    Thanks.

    Best regards,
    Kgene.
    --
    Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim@samsung.com>, Senior Engineer,
    SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.

      Last update: 2012-01-03 09:15    [W:0.022 / U:120.416 seconds]