SubjectRE: linux-next: build failure after merge of the s5p tree
Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Kukjin,

> After merging the s5p tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
> ppc64_defconfig) failed badly. The problem is that you have merged into
> your tree a version of the driver-core tree that I reported broken on Dec
> 28.
Oops, sorry that.

> Presumably you merged the driver-core tree to fix up some conflicts I
> have reported. Don't do that, please. Either leave them for Linus to
> fix up, or do a merge of Linus' tree after he has merged the (hopefully
> fixed) driver-core tree during the merge window. Or send him your tree
> unmerged with the merged version available for him to use if he wants to.
OK, I see. Firstly, I will rebase my for-next as per your suggestion. As you
know, I just wanted to avoid known conflicts with driver-core tree.

> I have used the s5p tree from next-20111228 for today.

Best regards,
Kukjin Kim <>, Senior Engineer,
SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.