    SubjectRe: [v7 0/8] Reduce cross CPU IPI interference
    From
    On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl> wrote:

    > On Thu, 2012-01-26 at 12:01 +0200, Gilad Ben-Yossef wrote:
    > > Gilad Ben-Yossef (8):
    > >   smp: introduce a generic on_each_cpu_mask function
    > >   arm: move arm over to generic on_each_cpu_mask
    > >   tile: move tile to use generic on_each_cpu_mask
    > >   smp: add func to IPI cpus based on parameter func
    > >   slub: only IPI CPUs that have per cpu obj to flush
    > >   fs: only send IPI to invalidate LRU BH when needed
    > >   mm: only IPI CPUs to drain local pages if they exist
    >
    > These patches look very nice!
    >
    > Acked-by: Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>

    Thank you :-)

    If this is of interest, I keep a list tracking global IPI and global
    task schedulers sources in the core kernel here:
    https://github.com/gby/linux/wiki.

    I plan to visit all these potential interference source to see if
    something can be done to lower their effect on
    isolated CPUs over time.

    > >   mm: add vmstat counters for tracking PCP drains
    > >
    > I understood from previous postings this patch wasn't meant for
    > inclusion, if it is, note that cpumask_weight() is a potentially very
    > expensive operation.

    Right. The only purpose of the patch is to show the usefulness
    of the previous patch in the series. It is not meant for mainline.

    Thanks,
    Gilad

    --
    Gilad Ben-Yossef
    Chief Coffee Drinker

    "Unfortunately, cache misses are an equal opportunity pain provider."
    -- Mike Galbraith, LKML