    SubjectRe: remoteproc: Load coprocessor code to the specific main memory location
    Ohad Ben-Cohen wrote:
    > On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Michal Simek <monstr@monstr.eu> wrote:
    >> I started with pur vanilla kernel and patches from your tree
    >> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ohad/remoteproc.git
    >> for-next branch
    >> but then I had to moved to for-next-acked-merged because in the origin
    >> one were some problems.
    >
    > Unlike for-next-acked-merged, the other branches aren't rebased and
    > therefore have merge conflicts with 3.3 material; that's intentional.
    >
    >> Do you have any kernel tree with CMA just for sure?
    >
    > Not a 3.3-based one, so I recommend you to just merge Marek's branch directly.
    >
    > I'll soon create a full-fledged 3.3 branch though, so you may want to
    > wait a bit until I get to it.

    I have done it and tested. It works as expected. Thanks.
    I have created region at phys addr 0x10000000 with selected size.
    I had to move carveout in resource table to be first in this area.
    Also removed that copying from kick function.

    I have one small problem which is that physical address is 0x10000000
    which means that firmware entry point is the same.
    In rproc_load_segments is da composed from phdr->p_paddr which is 0x10000000.
    And code is designed that this load addr is offset.

    Here is the code:
    /* go through the available ELF segments */
    for (i = 0; i < ehdr->e_phnum; i++, phdr++) {
    u32 da = phdr->p_paddr; // OFFSET 0x10000000
    u32 memsz = phdr->p_memsz;

    But for my case is physical address correct and it is not offset 0x10000000.
    I have created temporary fix which substract virtual address to get correct da.

    u32 da = phdr->p_paddr - phdr->p_vaddr;

    What should be correct solution?

    >> What do you use for firmware replacing?
    >> Just remove kernel module and load different one?
    >
    > If your driver boots the remote core on its ->probe() handler, then
    > yes, you need to unbind and bind the device.
    >
    > One way is to unload and load the driver, but you can also use the
    > bind/unbind sysfs files of your driver (echo -n device-name >
    > /sys/..../{un}bind).

    ok. It also works.

    Thanks,
    Michal

    --
    Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)
    w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854

      Last update: 2012-01-26 11:47    [W:0.023 / U:0.348 seconds]