> From: Joseph Glanville <>
> Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 14:48:37 +1100
>> The reason why this patch is useful is that it stands to be the only
>> true mulitpoint L2 VPN with a kernel space forwarding plane.
> So what you're telling me is that I added this huge openvswitch
> thing essentially for nothing?

I think it's actually the opposite - Open vSwitch can be used to
implement this type of thing as well as for many other use cases. On
the other hand, even when implementing a multipoint L2 solution it can
be useful to have additional levels of control but you can't do that
with this patch because it essentially statically glues together
tunneling and bridging.