    SubjectRe: [RFCv2 00/14]
    On 01/25/2012 08:13 AM, Cousson, Benoit wrote:
    > On 1/23/2012 10:53 PM, Rob Herring wrote:
    >> On 01/23/2012 03:07 PM, Grant Likely wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Hey everyone,
    >>>
    >>> Here's the second RFC for the irq_domain patches. I could use some
    >>> help testing now. I still expect there will be a few bugs. The
    >>> series is based on v3.3-rc1, and I've pushed it out to my git server:
    >>>
    >>> git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6.git irqdomain/next
    >>
    >> Can you post to linux-arm-kernel too so people are aware of this work
    >> and stop posting dead-end irqdomain patches.
    >
    > Good point, I have two pending series that are using the
    > irq_domain_add() so far, so it will be good to have that branch pulled
    > in arm-soc.
    >
    >> I tested what you had as of this morning and it works fine for me. Looks
    >> like the only diff is the VExpress code. I'm working on rebasing my
    >> domain support for generic irqchip now.
    >
    > In fact your generic irqchip should even avoid us to use
    > irq_domain_add_legacy() since both GPIO and OMAP3 intc are already using
    > the irqchip.
    >
    > I guess you are not going to change the interface so the patches I did
    > on your previous branch to try them should be good already, isn't it?

    I've got it rebased on top of Grant's tree. I will send it out soon.

    One problem that still remains is it breaks x86 and any platform using
    generic irq chip, but not selecting IRQ_DOMAIN. Grant, do you plan to
    enable IRQ_DOMAIN for x86 in your series? MIPS may also need fixing.

    Rob

      Last update: 2012-01-25 19:53    [W:0.023 / U:0.540 seconds]