    SubjectRe: hda-intel: azx_get_response timeout, switching to polling mode: last cmd=0x01db0000
    At Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:46:30 +0100,
    Petr Baudis wrote:

    > On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 10:18:24AM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
    > > Thanks. Switching to the polling mode is really harmless.
    > > So, basically you can ignore these messages. I can change it only as a
    > > debug message.
    > >
    > > OTOH, if the switching to single_cmd mode happens, this is a serious
    > > problem. But, as far as I see in alsa-info.sh output, it didn't
    > > happen.
    >
    > Ok, then the bug is in handling of polling mode in this particular chip.
    > After such switch to polling mode, applications will get stuck on
    > releasing the soundcard.

    What do you mean "releasing the soundcard"? Closing the PCM stream,
    or unloading the module, or at shutdown?

    > Another symptom I forgot to describe is that
    > the last ~100ms of output will keep repeating when I pause/stop
    > playback, one has to mute the volume to get rid of this. Again, this
    > starts happenning only sometimes after the switch to polling mode,
    > but then keeps happenning fairly consistently.

    Hm, this sounds like some interrupt issue, then. After all, switching
    to the polling-mode happens because the expected interrupt didn't
    arrive in time. If a similar problem happens in the PCM stream, too,
    it might be some other generic interrupt problem.

    thanks,

    Takashi

      Last update: 2012-01-23 10:53    [W:0.019 / U:29.392 seconds]